This course will advance your ability to carry out the report designing process in SIMS, with the objective to extract useful information from the pupils’ database in a variety of formats.
The course continues from the Standard Reporting course and so assumes that you are able to create basic reports.
The Extended Reporting course will cover using sub-reports where pupils have many pieces of data attached to them (for example contacts) and will look at creating user defined templates in Word, Rich Text Format Reports, reports from different focuses, outputting to Excel and making basic use of macros.
By the end of the course you will have a clear understanding of how reports are produced in SIMS and in particular be able to:
- report using sub-reports
- create Word templates
- see how to save paper with columns
- understand why delegates would use a Rich Text Format Report
- look at different focuses and create reports using them
- output to Excel and the use of basic macros.
Throughout the course tasks/activities will be related to scenarios. This will equip you with the skills to respond to requests for information needed from the software on pupils. These requests may come from sources within or external to the school.
This course builds on the ground covered in the Standard Reporting course and extends those techniques further. It will:
- enable the production of more complicated lists and mail merged documents
- modify templates to adjust the appearance of reports including the incorporation of headed paper
- develop the use of RTF output.
This course requires you to have a basic knowledge of reporting up to the level obtained through the Standard Reporting course. It assumes that you are able to create basic reports, which can be output to standard lists or Word mail merges and assumes that you have used SIMS Analysis and other output types from SIMS.