Keystone MIS Ltd specialises in supporting Management Information Systems within Schools. As a team we understand the importance of having a reliable MIS and we pride ourselves in ensuring that is the case.
We strongly believe that your information system is the keystone to your school, something that is important to the entire structure, be it attendance, attainment, behaviour, special needs, curriculum, reporting or Statutory Returns.
SIMS Support For Schools
Keystone MIS works closely with teams across the Local Authorities, to ensure we are able to provide a complete ‘end-to-end’ service in terms of managing Schools staff and pupil information. SIMS software is supplied by Capita Educational Services and the team liaises regularly with Capita to ensure that the needs of the Schools are met.
We respect confidentiality with Schools and adhere to the relevant security laws and data protection act. All staff also have clean CRB checks for access to Schools.
Academies – All phases of Academy can use us for support. If you are a sponsored academy or under an umbrella trust then we will be more than happy to contact your sponsor/trust to arrange for your support provision to be transferred across to us.
Maintained LA schools – Supported by LA team – There can be obstacles in place to prevent us from offering support to schools who are currently supported directly by an LA team. This is not to say however that we are unable to support schools in this situation because every LA is different in how it offers support to schools then we would need to contact the LA and investigate further on your behalf.
Supported by Third Party/Capita – If you are currently supported by Capita or a third party company such as ourselves then we would be able to offer your school support. If you are supported by Capita then you need to be aware of the notice period required to notify them that you would no longer need their support.
Capita Direct schools – All schools who currently use Capita direct for support would need to notify Capita prior to their contract being up for renewal. We can help with any contract questions or give advice to any school who is currently contracted with Capita direct.
The service will be delivered through unlimited (no extra charge to your service cost):
- Service Desk Support
- Telephone support
- Workstation support/installs
- Remote support
- Visits to Schools
- Guidance documents
- Dissemination events
- SIMS Training
Details of Service
- Supply, develop, upgrade, install and support the provision of School information systems for the following SIMS modules:
Star, FMS, Personnel, SOLUS, System Manager, Attendance, Assessment Manager, Exams, Nova T6, Curriculum, Lesson Planner, Cover, Performance Analysis, Discover, Intouch, Profiles, Dinner Money and E-Registration.
- Provide additional support to Schools prior to and during several key events during the academic year i.e. School Census, School Workforce Census, Exam Results Day and the End of Year process.
- Provide professional training in the use of School Information Management Systems.
- Maintain the functionality and data integrity of SIMS database systems.
- Operate an electronic call-logging system for service calls, escalations and faults, to provide first/second line support to users for resolving queries from Schools.
- Provide telephone support and on-site visits in support of the on-line service desk.
- Develop reports on SIMS data for use in Schools.
- Test software prior to installation on School networks.
- Provide remote upgrades of SIMS.net using SOLUS.
- Provide support and impartial advice to Schools in the purchase and installation of software.
- Help maintain ‘Business to Business’ (B2B) data transfer facilities from Schools to central LA teams.
- Regular SIMS Service Review.
- Keep Schools informed of DfE School Census and School Workforce Census requirements.
- Work closely with local authority teams to:
- Identify additional School data requirements and, where appropriate, develop School information systems to facilitate the collection of this data.
- Establish reporting mechanisms against centrally held pupil datasets to reduce the burden on Schools to provide information/data to the Local Authority’s Schools support teams.
- Report updates/feedback to School Administration Officers Meetings.
- Attend and report updates/feedback from CAPITA (SIMS) events, annual SIMS Conference and other educational information management seminars.
- Develop information system specifications, manuals and training documentation.
- Maintain up-to-date on knowledge of SIMS applications software and other and relevant educational information management issues.
Keystone MIS may provide additional related services to those listed above. These would be subject to separate discussions and charges.
SIMS Service Review
We provide regular SIMS Service Reviews where on a vist to your school we will look at how you are currently using the system, show you any new features and make suggestions.
You can also give us any suggestions or improvements or issues you are having with our service. This is all included in your service agreement cost, no extra charge.